- Edwards, P. A. (manuscript under contract negotiation). It takes a whole village to educate a child: The Donaldsonville story. London: Routledge-Falmer (Taylor & Francis Books Ltd).
- Edwards, P. A., Conley, M. W., Reynolds, J. M. (manuscript proposal in preparation). Occasions for conversation: How to build successful communication between schools, families and communities. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Edwards, P. A. (in press). Home literacy environments: What we know and need to know. In M. Pressley, A. Bilman, K. Perry, Kelly Refitt, & J. Reynolds (Eds.), Shaping literacy achievement: Research we have, research we need. Guilford Press.
- Edwards, P.A.& McMillon, G.M.T. (in press). Making vital home-school connections: Utilizing parent stories as a’ lifeline’ for developing successful early literacy experiences. In A. DeBruin-Parecki, (Ed.), Here’s how, here’s why: Developing early literacy skills, High Scope Press.
- Edwards, P.A.& McMillon, G.M.T. (in press). Examining shared domains of literacy in the home, church and school of African American children. In James Flood, Shirley Brice Heath, and Diane Lapp (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Teaching Literacy Through the Communicative and Visual Arts.
- Edwards, P. A. (in press). Family literacy and technology: Challenges and promising constructive designs. In M. McKenna, L. Labbo, R. Kieffer, & D. Reinking (Eds.),Handbook of Literacy and Technology, Volume II.
- Klingner, J., & Edwards, P. A., (in press). Cultural considerations with response to intervention models. Reading Research Quarterly.
- Turner, J. D., & Edwards, P. A. (in press). When it’s more than you, Jesus, and the pencil: Reflections on an academic writing mentorship. Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy.
- Edwards, P. A. (2005). Listening to our base: A message for teachers. New England Reading Association Journal, 41(2), 7-10.